Saturday, April 16, 2011

Final Project Outline

For my final project I am going to complete one more interview.  This interviews is going to be different from the previous ones because I will interview a foreign exchange student that is currently in High School instead of international students in college.

1.  First I am going to conduct an interview with a foreign exchange student from Japan. During this interview I am going to ask the same questions from my previous interviews.

       A.  Interview preparations

       B.  Transcription: After the first interview I will type the transcription.

       C.  Country Report: Since the person I am going to interview is from a different country then other people I interviewed, I am going to create a new country report.

       D.  Interview Report: I have already completed three interviews and have become more familiar with conducting them.  I feel the interview report will be very important because I will be able to evaluate how the preparations for my interviews have evolved.

2.  Compare Interviews:  Lastly, I will compare my fourth interview with a foreign exchange student from Japan to the interviews I conducted with international students from China.  I will find similarities and differences, these will include comparing:

       A.  Their experiences in the United States
             
                  a.  Host family

       B:  Traditions they had while growing up.

       C:  The Media in their home country and popular types of communication between people around their
age in their home country.

       D.  The schools in their home country and how they are different from those in the United States.

       E.  The food from their home country and who lived with them in their house when they were growing up.

       F.  Lastly, I will compare the interview overall.  This will include their reactions to questions and how the interviews were overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment